5 tips to make the best waffles
If you haven’t enjoyed the golden hue of a crisp waffle with your breakfast or any time really, time you did now.
Hot, chocolatey or and filled with ice cream or fresh fruit, honey or syrup, can make for an apt party dessert too…
1. Fold the egg whites in right: Numero uno rule is that you must beat the egg whites to a stiff consistency then fold them into the batter. There should be no air in them as airy egg whites can make waffles very light instead of dense.
2. Don’t let them stick: How much oil or butter you use in the batter is telling on whether the waffles will stick to your waffle iron or not. If they land up sticking to the surface and breaking, increase the amount of oil or butter.
3. Be patient: The rule of thumb is, wait for the right amount of time and then lift the lid of the waffle maker. If your waffles turn out tough and rubbery, the iron may not be hot enough.
4. For flavour: To add a nice flavour to the waffles, keep an extract of vanilla or at hand (even a teaspoon of powder works). Add this to the batter.
5. Go with and buttermilk: Some waffle recipes call for either milk or in them. The trick is to use both. While ones made with buttermilk have a moist, great flavour, waffles made with milk are crispier. Thus, using both ingredients, results in the best of both.
Stay updated on the go with Times of India App. Click to download it for your device.